Sunday 7 February 2016

African Flowers Georia O'Keefe Style

Life is beautiful here in Africa.  Everything is green and lush.  The vegetation is huge due to an almost continuous growing season.  Those who know me well know how much I love gardening, flowers and birds.  The title of this entry is a clue that I want to share, with you, some beautiful flowers that I have seen along the way.  The last two pictures are not identified but they seem to be wildflowers.  They can be found all along the roads and don't appear to have been cultivated.

Hibiscus

Hibiscus

Cactus Flower
Cactus Tree

Passionfruit Flower

Passionfruit

?????

Beautiful!




Beautiful Clusters

1 comment:

  1. I think the cluster of three pale blooms with darer purple veins is a morning glory, a South American plant that has "invader" status in Africa. Could be wrong as I am not a botanist though! All the flowers you've taken photos of are lovely.

    ReplyDelete