Tuesday 5 January 2016

Trip Preparation: January 4th and 5th

Yesterday I started preparing for my trip to Africa.  One of the most important things to consider when travelling to other parts of the world is the potential exposure to health issues not found in Canada.  One of the main concerns, when travelling in Subsaharan Africa is malaria.  I visited the Travel Health clinic on Portsmouth Avenue and got a Yellow Fever shot, malaria pills and an antibiotic prescription.  All of my other inoculations were up to date.

Today I met with the wonderful students in Mrs. McLeod's Grade 6/7 class.  We are going to work together to plan, organize and run a short two week fundraising project, entitled "2 Weeks 4 Change".
Over the next two weeks we will collect donated loose change which will be used to purchase school supplies for kids in Kenya and Uganda.  The students were eager and excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment