Tuesday 26 January 2016

Packing is Almost Complete!

Today I made the rounds, some last minute shopping, visits and good-byes.  Had a chance to pop by the school and thank the students, once again, for their kind support.  Then it was home to pack my hockey bag and suitcase.  The hockey bag is packed with sports equipment; uniforms, soccer balls, basketballs, air pumps, shoes, etc.  My suitcase is almost ready as well.

Tonight I sat down to check my email and received the first of, perhaps many, trip updates and schedule changes.  Our first full day in Kenya involves a road trip to one of our school projects.  The route was planned in advance but early rains have necessitated a change.  The roads in rural Kenya are often quite bad but when the rainy season hits they frequently become impassable.  Check out the pictures of our planned route and you can see why we are now taking a longer way around.

As Helen Keller said, "Life is either a grand adventure, or nothing!"  I have signed on for the grand adventure.  Stay tuned my friends, stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment