Friday 22 January 2016

Support from Every Direction!

Wow, time is flying and I will be flying off on my grand adventure very soon.  I have been busy this past week collecting supplies to take with me.  I am so impressed and humbled by the kindness of others.

In addition to the support from our director, I have also received support from Senior Administration.  Andre Labrie was able to secure the donation of a lap top computer which I will present to the Headmaster (Principal) of the Geddes School in Kenya.  It is a much needed item that will help him to do his job more effectively.  Thank you Andre!

I have also received the donation of three sets of basketball uniforms from Kingston Impact.  These will outfit three Primary Schools (grades 1-7) in rural Kenya and Uganda.  Thank you Kingston Impact.

Catherine Carson, VP at Lancaster Public School has donated some gently used sports equipment which will be greatly appreciated by young sporting enthusiasts in Africa.  Thank you Cathy!

Cheryl Dempster, through her contacts, secured the donation of two hockey bags which will be used to take additional donations and supplies.  Andrea Branch, office coordinator at Yarker Public School donated her daughter's used hockey bag and Mike Lumb, ETFO President, donated one more bag.  We are ready for transport!  Thank you Cheryl, Andrea and Mike!

ETFO, Limestone Local, made a charitable donation of $500 to CanAssist which will be used to purchase school supplies for the schools we will visit on route.  Teachers are a caring group and our concern will stretch far and wide, thanks to this generous donation.  Thank you Limestone Executive!

My Uncle Doug has been collecting used soccer balls which I have deflated and will be taking with me.  I will also buy and deflate a few basketballs (my favourite sport) to go as well.  Thank you Uncle Doug!

The Truedell "2 Weeks 4 Change" fundraiser ends today and I will be meeting students to count the money that has been donated by our kind and caring community.  Thank you TPS!

On a final note, I will leave you with a motivational picture and Youtube link.  The picture was taken in a small park near St. Catherine's, a site where a memorial plaque was purchased and installed to honour my mom.  As I approached the hiking trail leading into the forest I spotted this sign and the message couldn't be more true.  Thank you all for your kindness!


We will also be visiting the St Catherine School in Siaya District.  Just for a bit of background on that one, here is a Youtube Video about it.     https://youtu.be/Elim1_TRYDs


No comments:

Post a Comment